1. Citation Management Tools
Did you know that researchers waste nearly 200,000 hours per year formatting citations? Imagine if you could have that time back to spend on your research. EndNote 20 accelerates your research process so you can focus on what truly matters – conducting and sharing groundbreaking research.
For your academic writing SINU-LIB is equipped with followings
• SINU-LIB determines the best citation management tools
• SINU-LIB organizes citations and documents with a verity of RMS tools
• SINU-LIB provides citation guides
Click for https://endnote.com
EndNote and EndNote Online
EndNote™ is a reference management solution with both a desktop and online component. When used on the desktop, it may be called “EndNote desktop” or “EndNote on the desktop.” When used online, it may be called “EndNote online.” EndNote X8 & X9 users can synchronize all the references in one desktop library to their online library, and share the entire library with other EndNote X8 or X9 users. Their online library can contain an unlimited number of references and unlimited attachments.
EndNote is reference management software with features to
• Keep all your references and reference-related materials in a searchable personal library.
• Synchronize your references between up to three of your personal computers, an online library, and your iPad or iPhone through EndNote Sync. (You must be the owner and user of all three computers.)
• Set up a library sharing team and effortlessly collaborate with up to 100 co-authors and colleagues.
• Cite your references in word processing documents to create formatted citations and bibliographies or independent reference lists.
Though SINU-Lib does not have a site license for EndNote. You can download standalone EndNote Basic (free version) from their website. SINU-lib staff will instruct how to use it.
About EndNote Basic
EndNote basic is a more limited reference management solution that is only available online. EndNote basic users can create an online library with a maximum of 50,000 references and up to 2GB of attachments.
There are two versions of EndNote basic.
• The free version of EndNote basic has 21 styles and a limited number of filters and connection files. This version is available to anybody, with no other purchase required.
• The version of EndNote basic available as part of the Web of Science has thousands of styles and hundreds of filters and connection files. This version is accessible by those whose institution has a subscription to the Web of Science.
Click for https://www.mendeley.com
Cite as you write
Generate citations and bibliographies in a whole range of journal styles with just a few clicks. For your convenience, Mendeley’s Citation Plugin is compatible with Word (including Word for Mac) and LibreOffice. It also supports BibTeX export for use with LaTeX.
Even, Mendeley works just fine offline as a paper organizer and citation generator. The metadata extraction might not work as well and of course, filling in missing information with DOI lookups won’t work, but if you’re not interested in any of the collaborative or sharing features, you don’t have to use them.
• Zotero. Zotero is a free, open source reference management software which lets you store and organize all your documents.
• Zotero is the only software that automatically senses research on the web. Need an article from JSTOR or a preprint from arXiv.org? A news story from the New York Times or a book from a library? Zotero has you covered, everywhere.
• Zotero helps you organize your research any way you want. You can sort items into collections and tag them with keywords. Or create saved searches that automatically fill with relevant materials as you work.
• Zotero instantly creates references and bibliographies for any text editor, and directly inside Word, LibreOffice, and Google Docs. With support for over 9,000 citation styles, you can format your work to match any style guide or publication.
• Zotero can optionally synchronize your data across devices, keeping your notes, files, and bibliographic records seamlessly up to date. If you decide to sync, you can also always access your research from any web browser.
• Zotero lets you co-write a paper with a colleague, distribute course materials to students, or build a collaborative bibliography. You can share a Zotero library with as many people you like, at no cost.
• Zotero is open source and developed by an independent, nonprofit organization that has no financial interest in your private information. With Zotero, you always stay in control of your own data.
Click for https://docear.org
Docear is what the developers call an “academic literature suite”. Comparable to Microsoft Office, which bundles several applications for office workers, Docear bundles several applications for academics. As of now, these applications are BibTeX based reference management, mind mapping, and some pdf management capabilities. For the future, Docear is supposed to integrate a word processor, PDF editor and academic search engine. Docear is written in Java, licensed under the GNU General Public License and based on the open source software Freeplane and JabRef. The term ‘Docear’ has two meanings. First, it is pronounced similarly to “dog ear”, the folded down corner of a paper page. Second, “docear” in Latin means “I would be taught”.
Click for https://www.refworks.com
RefWorks is a web-based commercial reference management software package. It is produced by Ex Libris, a ProQuest company. RefWorks LLC was founded in 2001 and the software was marketed by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts from 2002 until being acquired by ProQuest in 20
Some Favorite Free Reference Management Software
Click for www.qiqqa.co
is another free reference and citation management software for Windows. To start with, simply create a library and add references to it as PDF documents. You can also add non-PDF references with title, author, DOI, PMID, etc. information. In addition, you can add a watch folder to automatically add documents from that folder to your Qiqqa library. You can also synchronize your library with web and intranet libraries.
Click for www.calvin.edu/library/knightcite
An up-to-date online citation generator. Knight cite able to quickly generate citations for the three main academic citation styles: Modern Language Association (MLA), American Psychological Association (APA), or Chicago Manual of Style. You can save, and alphabetize, edit and export citations into an rtf or word document and generate a bibliography with the appropriate format.
Click for https://www.mybib.com/tools/turabian-citation-generator
Turabian and MLA 7th ed
Turabian and MLA 7th ed. Free Citation Generator & Bibliography Maker
A free web based program for citing resources according to Kate L. Turabian “A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations” 7th edition and MLA Manual 7th edition.
A Turabian citation generator is a software tool that can automatically create academic citations in the Turabian citation style.
It will usually request key details about a source — like the authors, title, and publish date — and will output these details with the correct punctuation and layout required by the official Turabian style guide.
Formatted Turabian citations created by a generator can be used to give credit to others’ work that you reference in your own.
This is a “fully automatic bibliography maker that auto-fills. It’s the easiest way to build a works cited page. Search for a book, article, website, or film, or enter the information yourself; add it to your bibliography. Download your bibliography in either the MLA, APA, Chicago, or Turabian formats and include it in your paper”.