Online Public Access Catalog
OPAC stands for Online Public Access Catalog. The online public access catalog, often abbreviated OPAC, and frequently synonymous with library catalog, is an onlinedatabase of materials held by a library or Group of libraries . Online catalogs progressed from analog card catalogs, and similarly enable searching the library's collection of books and other materials. It is an online database of materials held by all SINU Libraries. Users can search the OPAC to locate books and other materials that are available in the library
OPAC Search Hints
- Click on the OPAC search option in the menu bar or any OPAC links in the SINU web pages.
- In the right-hand box of the search, select the exact search option (Title, Author, Subject, ISBN, Series, or Call number) if you know one of the exact search terms.
- If you do not know an exact search option appear in the drop-down menu, then type a tentative “words or phrase” that are related to your search or discipline area.
- Then click the “Go” button on the left.
- In the resulting search list, the search will return with several items available in the library as bellow
Your search returned with certain number of results.
If you find a title that seems useful to you, click on the blue title that you’ve selected or are interested in. Then you will be directed to the detailed page of that particular search result.
- From the bottom of the item details screen, you can find the number of copies available, location, type of the collection, and status of the document availability.
- Note the item’s call number appears in the fourth column for locating it on the shelf of the SINU Library.
- Also tack note the collection type to the right of the call number which will indicate where the item is housed. Check the “statues” in the sixth column to confirm whether the item is either available or not available.
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due|
|Books||Kukum Library General Stacks||Non-Fiction||K 610.7307 JAR (Browse shelf)||08/150-NS||Available|